Macy RN
Macy RN, RN CHPN
Experience:  RN of 19 years.Experienced in ER, Critical Care, Surgery, Nutrition, Peds,OB/Gyn and Hospice.
5260558

For the last 2 months I have had pain across my forehead and

For the last 2 months I have had pain across my forehead and temples when I bend over, cough, sneeze and currently all the time. I tried Sudafed for sinus headaches and it did nothing except I did seem to breather better. I have no history of sinus problems; I am 60 yrs old; I smoke.
Category: Health
Expert:  Macy RN replied 7 years ago.

HelloCustomer

You could have a sinus infection. Your doctor can order sinus xrays to see what is going on. Sometimes you can have inflammation in there. He might even recommend a steriod nasal spray to decrease the inflammation.

Call you doctor to get some relief. In the mean time try some saline nasal spray.

You can buy it over the counter. Also try a humidifer to get things moving up in there.

The sudafed can work but it can also dry things out in there and make it even thicker.

You can also try mucinex to thin out secretions.

Best Wishes to you hope you feel better soon.

Macy