Macy RN
Macy RN, RN CHPN
Experience:  RN of 19 years.Experienced in ER, Critical Care, Surgery, Nutrition, Peds,OB/Gyn and Hospice.
5260558

eye vision

I've been having problems with my eye vision every time I wake up early in the morning for work like around 3am for the first couple of hours my vision is really blurry and sometimes it does hurt a little bit when i rub my eyes I never had this before this barely started like a couple months ago is this damaging my vision?
Category: Health
Expert:  Macy RN replied 7 years ago.

HelloCustomer

Thank you for your question.

You might be suffering from dry eye syndrome.

I would recommend that you put lubricant eye drops in your eyes. I know you don't like it but if they are dry and you are rubbing them you could cause damage to your cornea.

You also need to have your eyes checked to make sure nothing is going on that could be serious,

If you smoke that could also be irritating you eyes,

Do see your eye doctor to find out with an examination what is going on.

Best Wishes,

Macy

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I haven't seen an eye doctor yet I wanted to see first if its something i should consider to have a look at
Expert:  Macy RN replied 7 years ago.

Yes I really would have it checked. Like I said it could just be as simplw as dry eyes.

When you get your eyes examined the Doctor will be able to tell if you have any damage to yoru cornea or not. If you do have some scuff marks they usually heal pretty quick as long as you stop rubbing.

Take care.