Dr. Su S
Dr. Su S, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  25 years of clinical experience

my stomach hurts and my stool is dark and smells like something

my stomach hurts and my stool is dark and smells like something dead.....
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Su S replied 7 years ago.

Since how long?Which area is tender? Any other symptom? Any past illness? Any test ? Any treatment taken?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

My stomach started hurting on Saturday, was fine Sunday and started again on Monday. ( Still hurts today.) The pain is from right under my rib cage down and feels deep, it hurts to stand up sometimes. My stool is very dark and the smell is awful. I have not taken anything for it. The only other possible symptom is I started my period 2 weeks late last month and am now 2 weeks early with a very heavy flow.....

I haven't had any past illness or tests.

Expert:  Dr. Su S replied 7 years ago.
Thank you for the input,

Is the dark stool is black in color? Is the pain in the middle or on sides? How many times are you passing stool? Is it formed or liquid?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
The stool appears black but does have some dark green color to it. I'm only passing stool about three times a day and is not liquid but not formed either... Chunky, I guess.. The pain is more in the middle.
Expert:  Dr. Su S replied 7 years ago.
Thank you for all the input,

The black color of the stool can come from bleeding in upper part of the stomach. This can come from gastritis, peptic ulcers, esophgeal varices or other sources of bleeding. When you are having pain in the middle part part of stomach gastritis or ulcer can needs to be excluded. The other causes of black stool are iron containing foods or peptobismol. You need to consult doctor & get your stool tested to find the precise diagnosis.

Hope this information will help you.
Wish your healthy life.
Any query, please ask.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Yes, I read all of that earlier on my own. I guess I should have waited and paid my doctor for a real answer. I'm going to pay for this but I am not satisfied, anyone can type the same info in to google and get the same answer you gave....For free!

I am not impressed!

Expert:  Dr. Su S replied 7 years ago.
I am sorry if you are not impressed. If you are not satisfied you need not to pay for it. But medical facts will be the same. I can not change it. But you become more convinced when you get the information from a doctor.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

First, I don't work for free and certainly do not expect anyone else to.

Second, I think I'm really just scared.....I have never had any kind of issue like this. I'm sorry for sounding so ugly, it is not your fault.

Thank you for trying to help.

Expert:  Dr. Su S replied 7 years ago.
Dont get scared. You just need to get the worst thing excluded to be safe. There can be other causes like food with high protein as I mentioned or there can be an infection too.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I think I figured out my problem....I have been taking a supplement with a lot of iron! I didn't take it today, and feel much better!