Macy RN
Macy RN, RN CHPN
Experience:  RN of 19 years.Experienced in ER, Critical Care, Surgery, Nutrition, Peds,OB/Gyn and Hospice.
5260558

Iam 41 year old mother of 6 and has a very stressful life

I'am 41 year old mother of 6 and has a very stressful life. I've had depression most of my life, but after my 6 boy who is 18 month now I can't find a med that works for more then 2 or 3 months. I've tried about 4 different one this time. I even had my thyroid checked and that was good. can it be something else . Right now I'am 2 effexor xr 75 mg. It was working real good at first and now I'am starting to feel sad again. Tina
Category: Health
Expert:  Macy RN replied 7 years ago.

Hello Tina,

Honey I understand how you are feeling. Having 6 kids is soooo hard. Do you ever get any time to yourself?

Does anyone help you around the house?

It could be physical but lets talk about the emotional as well.

I will be waiting for your reply,

Macy

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I feel sad and like crying some time.I hate my husdand for everything.My boy drive me more crazy some time then normal.It is more around the time I'am getting my peroid and after I have it to.

I get very little help at home.I get very little time to myself.My little one doesn't sleep at night, he get up 1 or 2 times a night so we put him in bed with us.So I don't sleep well at night.I try to take a nap when the baby is napping.

Expert:  Macy RN replied 7 years ago.

Well who woudn't be depressed with all of that? How many of them are in school? Are you trying to homeschool too?

Could you all afford some help or an occasional babysitter?

Does your hubby every watch them so you go go out by yourself besides the grocery?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
1 is moved out and 3 are in school.we can't afford help.My hubby is always working so he tries to watch them when he can.(we have a farm)
Expert:  Macy RN replied 7 years ago.

Thank you Tina.

I know you have tried most of the antidepressants out there but some people are getting better results when Abilify is taken along with another anti-depressant such as Paxil, Prozac or Lexapro etc.

You can read about it here:

http://www.abilify.com/depression/aripiprazole/depression-symptoms-treatment.aspx

I know it is so hard to face the next day when you are sad. Hopefully with adding Abilify it could help.

I have a friend that has 7 kids and she and some other moms take turns taking each others kids to get a free day once a week. The day you have the others kids is not fun but she says it is worth it to get a free day.

I will be praying for you. Feel free to come back and talk anytime you want to.

Best wishes honey,

Macy

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thank for your help. I did think about tring that if I need to.But I'am going to try to get my hubby to help more and to try to under stand that I need time for me.Maybe this time he will. thanks tina