Dr. Shah
Dr. Shah, Doctor
Experience:  Years of experience in patients' management.
12501846

I have a lump in my lower abdominal/pelvic area on the right

I have a lump in my lower abdominal/pelvic area on the right side that comes and goes. It's about an inch above my penis, once again on the right side.   It is sensitive to the touch and I can feel the lump. It has gotten progressively worse over the course of 3-4 weeks
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Shah replied 7 years ago.
When did you notice this lump? Is there any skin color changes? Are you able to reproduce this lump by increasing abdominal pressure? Do you have nausea/vomiting, abdominal distention or constipation?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Just recently noticed the lump and inflamation. Have had intermittant pain in the area for 3-4 weeks. No skin or color changes. I'm not sure what you mean by reproduce the lump, but increasing abdominal pressure does cause slight discomfort. No nausea, distension or constipation.
Expert:  Dr. Shah replied 7 years ago.
What's the size of lump? What do you mean by it comes and goes? How do you feel it? Is it fixed to skin?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Maybe it's not a lump per se, I can definitely feel something moving around down there when I press on the painful area. If forced to answer I would say about the size of a quarter. By comes and goes, I mean that over the last 3-4 weeks the pain comes and goes. Sometimes I have pain in the area (say for 30-40 minutes) then it goes away, and feels normal. Just recently (after playing basketball and having pain) I noticed the area was swoolen. Then by touching the area with my fingers I noticed a lump of sorts (like I said, something's moving around in there, it's not a permanant lump I can always feel). It's not fixed to the skin.
Expert:  Dr. Shah replied 7 years ago.
Your lump could be lymph node, lipoma or an abscess which present in similar way. You don't have nay other symptoms at this time. As you are having on & off pain for 3 weeks, it's wise to visit your doctor as it's sensitive area and you don't want to take any risk. In the mean time you can use pain meds, heating tubes to get symptomatic relief.