Internist
Internist, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Board Certified in 2 Specialties, VERIFIED,American, trained and located in United States
13024878

shortness of breath, sharp pain in right side below ribs, tight/throbing

shortness of breath, sharp pain in right side below ribs, tight/throbing pain, sometimes faint and light headed
Category: Health
Expert:  Internist replied 8 years ago.

Thank you for your question.

Have you had any tests done, any history of liver disease, gallbladder disease? Does food make the pain better or worse, how long has this been happening? What is your sex and age
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
food has no affect! this has been going on for 24 hours. i am asking for my girfriend who is 24
Expert:  Internist replied 8 years ago.
thank you for the additional information. She may have an inflammation of the lining of her lung which can be quite painful and the pain can cause the symptoms that you describe. Also she could be having an acute gall bladder attack. In either case I would strongly suggest you take her to the emergency room for appropriate examination tests and treatment. Either of these two things can be serious and it is better to be safe than sorry. I would appreciate your letting me know a follow-up if you do not mind.

Click "ACCEPT" (GREEN) or I do not get credit for my answer and Just Answer holds your deposit. Take a moment to leave a POSITIVE feedback which does not cost you anything. This response is for your information only and does not substitute for a visit to your doctor.