Dr.M.D.Mazumdar, MD
Dr.M.D.Mazumdar, MD, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Twenty years experience in active private practice

Have recently felt a radiant heat feeling in right groin area

Have recently felt a radiant heat feeling in right groin area when I bend over to put on boots, etc., in groin area where sensativity is greatest it feels like a very slight lump. Irratation is a lot like one would get from chapping from underwear, but has persisted for about 5 days even with treated lotion (Corizone 10). in mornings and evenings.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr.M.D.Mazumdar, MD replied 7 years ago.

Is there any rash anywhere in the groin?

Do you have any backpain or tingling and numbness in the back or legs, especially on the right side?

Where exactly do you feel the lump? On the testes, on the penis or at the part where the leg meets the abdomen?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

No rash anywhere.

Have experienced some backpain recently after three days of sking out west. No notice of pain while sking and first notice was 4 days after last sking when sitting in a small airplane seat without moving for about one hour. Had sharp pain in middle of back that almost put me in tears, but went away. Some reoccurance of backpain for about 5 days, Jan 4th to Jan 10th but no stabbing pain reoccjurance. Nothing with significant pain of recent and sat in a commercial flight for 3+ hours on Jan 12th and Jan 17th. Back area feels "stressed" and a little sensative just below belt level on spine.

Noticed a "hot" spot further down my leg this afternoon for a shor time.

Sensativity area in not on testes or penis, would describe it as in the "fold" part just about t inches from testes, kinda where if you put your hand in a normal pants pocket you would be at bottom of pocket.

Have been doing a few (very few) easy stretches the past couiple of weeks, mostly leg stretches but can feel muscles in back as well. No significant pain.

When I put my hand in my back right pocket, at bottom of pocket near a hip joint there is a sensative area there as well, but only too touch. Warm spot as well. I've had some problems there in past which was treated by physical therapy successfully.

My 'take' on this that this is all tied into my back and or hip soreness..

You are probably quite right in suspecting that the heat and sore spots are related to your back.

It is likely that you have a spinal disc herniation which has been exacerbated recently. A spinal disc herniation can putpressure on the nerves supplying the skin and muscles of the lower body - the back, hips, groin, legs etc.

Pressure causes inflamtion of the nerve leading to altered sensations like hot spots, heat sensations, soreness and may be even tingling and numbness.

You need to consult an orthopedic surgeon for an MRI of the lower spine.

The first line of treatment in spinal disc herniation is usually painkillers and physiotherapy. If this does not help, injections at the point of compression of the nerves is given to decrease inflammation of the nerves. If even this does not help, surgery to remove the herniated or degenerated part of the spinal discs is necessary. An MRI will help determine the type of treatment you need.

I hope this helps.
Please feel free to ask for more information if you want any. If not, please accept the answer by clicking on the green 'Accept' button on this page. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback would be much appreciated.