Dr. P. Jyoti
Dr. P. Jyoti, Consultant MD
Experience:  17 yrs experience in treating OPD & Emergency patients.

On the pads of my hands, just below the fingers, they appear

On the pads of my hands, just below the fingers, they appear to be swollen. And my hands are really painful at times. It seems as though they have liquid in them, almost like a blister would but these are not blisters. What could this be and what can I do to stop this from happening?
You appear to be suffering from arthritis.

Arthritis is pain and swelling of the joints. You are probably having pain of the metacarpa joints of the hand and hence swelling in the palms of the hand. There are several different types of arthritis, including rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, etc.

You should discuss with your doctor about arthritis, there are tests which can determine whether or not you have arthritis and your type of arthritis.

You can look up here:

I hope my answer has helped you. Please click on the green ‘accept' button below for accepting this answer. Feedback/Bonus will be appreciated.