Family Medicine
Family Medicine, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Board certified Family Medicine

I have been vomiting bile about every 2 hours for 10 hours,

I have been vomiting bile about every 2 hours for 10 hours, and had dihiarra (sp) up until 7 hours ago. I did finally take my normal Ranitidine tab, (150 mg) 3 hours ago hoping that might help to stop the vomiting (retching) and had a couple of saltines and sips of water but it did not help.
Category: Health
Expert:  Family Medicine replied 7 years ago.

Thank you for using JustAnswer. It is privilege to help you.

If you had diarrhea almost 7 hours ago and afterwards you developed biliary colored vomiting episodes every 2 hours and it is ongoing issue since last 10 hours almost, I would like you to be evaluated in emergency room as soon as posible to make sure there is no serious underlying problem like obstruction issue

Please just take clear liquids instead of any solid food and report to local emergency room for proper diagnostic and clinical evaluation and also you may need to get replaced with fluids and electrolytres lost in persistent vomiting and diarrhea.

Kindest regards

and best wishes for your health and safety.