Dr. P. Jyoti
Dr. P. Jyoti, Consultant MD
Experience:  17 yrs experience in treating OPD & Emergency patients.

Why does my skin suddenly smell like onions

Why does my skin suddenly smell like onions?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. P. Jyoti replied 7 years ago.
Such bad body odor in most cases is due to excessive sweating and the growth of bacteria. A number of steps can be taken to minimise this.

You should not worry about this. The first step of course is hygiene, with lots of soap baths. Also regular change of clothes and using only natural fiber clothes like cotton clothes. You should also use antiperspirants and deodorants. A natural remedy for such odors which I would recommend is white vinegar.

If the smell persists, you should consult a dermatologist for this so that appropriate steps can be taken and prescription drugs prescribed.

You can look up here for some solutions:

Diet is also important for body odour. You can look up this site for some info on this:

I hope my answer has helped you. Please click on the green 'accept' button below for accepting this answer. Feedback/Bonus will be appreciated.