Family Medicine
Family Medicine, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Board certified Family Medicine
14336722

My nose is tender to the touch,itchy, red and pussy sores inside

My nose is tender to the touch,itchy, red and pussy sores inside nose. This has been going on for quite sometime now,and it won't go away. Its extremly painful and I try not to touch it however, the itchy feeling is so intense.
Category: Health
Expert:  Family Medicine replied 8 years ago.

Thank you for your question.

What I can retrieve from the information provided in your question here that your nostrils are infected clearly.

You must get these evaluated and get antibiotics( like augmentin etc ) in order to treat it.

Meanwhile just keep it moist to prevent crackes in skin and mucosa and please see local physician as soon as possible.

Regards

Best wishes

Customer: replied 8 years ago.

What type of infection can you get inside the nose?. Why is the tip of the nose so painful?. and there appears to be crust that forms over the sores and I have no relief just constant pain,tenderness and itchy nose. the outside tip of nose is red

Miss Jennifer

Nose has skin that is tightly bound to underlying tissue. Therefore whenever there is little swelling, it becomes tense and is quite painful.

Nose is favorite site for bacteria specially like staphyllococcus or other types , and any skin break or hair root infection can provoke the infection so quickly there like a boil.

It must be treated as early as possible in order to avoid complications.

Constant pain is because of infection and swelling.

Please see your local physician or urgent care center as early as possible. you need antibiotics to take care of this.

Best wishes for your health.

Kindest regards