Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine
5625079

am a male have pain around left nipple, very sensitive is getting

am a male have pain around left nipple, very sensitive is getting worse no lumps been 8 mos. getting more sensitive, am diabetic changed meds 3mo. ago but this started long ago,nipple not sore
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 8 years ago.

Greetings.

Is there tenderness also (pain on pressing)? Is there any redness? Does the pain increases on change of posture and chest movements? Were any investigations done? What are the medications you are taking?

Dr. Arun

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
told my doctor 6mo ago but have had other problems became allergic to cedar changed jobs was in and out hosp. several times year ago noticed area around nipple very sensative wear a mike above or below it just to get by but pain getting worse gradually just been wearing radio last month

The assessment of these kind of pain starts with first to diagnose the tissue involved(say skin, tissue just below the skin, called as subcutaneous tissue, muscles, ligaments, bones, joints and organs), and then the pathology (infective, inflammatory, allergic etc). A long standing pain of this sort is likely due to the tender points or trigger points. The other possibility is costochondritis which is inflammation at the junctions of rib and cartilage or with the breast bone. Anti-inflammatory analgesics (Ibuprofen), local analgesic ointment, or spray, chest brace and warm compresses are helpful in this. Another possibility is muscle sprain. Tenderness usually points towards muscular and skeletal (bony/joint) conditions. Read about the costochondritis, in this resource;

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/costochondritis/DS00626

A trigger point responds to the deep electrotherapy (done at physical therapy centers) like phonophoresis and iontophoresis. An evaluation by chest x-ray and personal examination is essential to pin point the causative and diagnosis.

Hope this helps.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

Dr. Arun

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
dr. am 6ft 300# XXXXX man boobs tissue is soft but sore to touch getting worse worried about cancer, any otherthings i should consider
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
dr. am 300# XXXXX man boobs tissue is soft but pain getting more intense can it be cancer?

A cancer is most likely to have a lump. Pain is not a common feature of the malignancy. So, if you don't feel a lump, chance of malignancy is not likely. Soreness, as I mentioned would be fibrofatty trigger point.

Dr. Arun

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
thank you sir have a nice night and thank you again for being up so late i thought most docs. had day jobs good nite jh

You're very welcome, I'm glad I could be of assistance. Please remember to click the green accept button if you're satisfied so I can get credit for my work with you.

Good luck.

Dr. Arun