Dr. Su S
Dr. Su S, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  25 years of clinical experience

Hello. I have a circular rash on both of my armpits. It i

Hello. I have a circular rash on both of my armpits. It i pretty large covering all of my armpit area. It just appeared today. I took Benedryl this morning it did not go away. As far as health I am 34 on no meds. Earlier this past year my liver enzymes were slightly elevated. After a ultra souund of my liver and other test it was determined I had a fatty liver. I also had pains in my legs and feet around the same time. That has progressively gotten better. Also on my arms are slight pinpoint red spots which I think I have always had because I am fair skin and NEVER go without a shirt. I was concerned it might be petechiae after I read about it. Just concerned this in nothing serious. Thanks for your help.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Su S replied 7 years ago.

Do you think it appeared today only or detected today? Is there any itching? What is its color?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
<p>It just noticed it today. It could have been there sooner. The color is red and their is no itching. Kind of a chaped felling ever since I put the cream on. Other than that I would not have noticed it today. Thanks</p>
Expert:  Dr. Su S replied 7 years ago.
Thank you for the input,

The cause of the rash can be a fungal infection. This is a common site for it. You can continue with the treatment . In mild cases it will clear off. If not you are to consult a dermatologist. It does not appear to be petechiae. Though no site is immune petechiae is more common on the other parts of arm or forearm.

Hope this information will help you.
Wish your healthy life.
Any query, please ask.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thank you for your response. The red spots I was talking about are not in my arm pit. They are on my upper arm above my elbow below my shoulder. Can that be caused due to my fair skin and lack of sun?
Expert:  Dr. Su S replied 7 years ago.
It can also be due to allergy or dermatitis.