Kerry, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  35 years in Nursing: OB/GYN, Peds, Oncology, hospice, Ortho, Neuro, Addiction, Recovery, Geriatrics,

it feels like something is in my throat, and i have to cough

it feels like something is in my throat, and i have to cough to breath, it feels like im pushing on the side of my throat

You may be developing a throat infection or virus. Hot tea is a good thing as is taking a few spoonfuls of honey. Some tylenol or motrin and drinking plenty of fluids should help as well.

If you feel something is stuck there, sometimes eating a piece of bread may help. It could be that something WAS stuck there and has moved, but it could have scratched the area causing a bit of swelling.

If you develop a fever, or if it is making you have trouble breathing, it could be an allergic reaction and seeing a doctor asap would be in order.