Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine

I have a medium size hard lump in my upper abdomen in the center

I have a medium size hard lump in my upper abdomen in the center paralell to mys last ribs in the rib cage. What could this be? This would not mean that I could be pregnant right?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 7 years ago.

This is definitely not pregnancy.

The lump will need evaluation by a physical examination and investigations like an ultrasound. They are classified whether they are intra-abdominal or extraabdominal. The extra-abdominal lumps can be dermoid cyst, lipoma, desmoid etc. The intra-abdominal swelling can usually be determined by investigations only. So consulting your physician would be prudent.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

Dr. Arun

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Thank you for the quick response. Can you tell me what some common possibilities the intra-abdominal awelling could be? Just a general idea of what organs may be around there and if there are any common swellings.

Intra-abdominal swellings in your age are not common. Gall bladder and liver may be the organs, which might be related to the area. But in your age, extra-abdominal swelling would be commoner for the consideration.

It is pleasure assisting you.

Dr. Arun