Carole, Nurse
Experience:  20+ years professional experience in emergency nursing, skilled, HIV Certified educator

Threadworm in eye can it be treated so you dont go blind

Threadworm in eye can it be treated so you dont go blind?
Category: Health
Expert:  Carole replied 7 years ago.

Could you please tel me...

are there small nodules present near corners) of the eye infected?

Was this diagnosed by a physician to be threadworm present in the eye?

How long has it been, symptoms currently?

Thank You,

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Theres no visible signs looking at my eyes from the outside of the eye, but I can see them through my eyes when i look around in the daylight. I havent been to a physician but i know for sure its this. The symptoms have been noticible for a few years... I havent done anything because of fear and embarrassment to be honest :( Please let me know if there is something i can take or be injected with to fix this, im petrified im going to go blind.

Expert:  Carole replied 7 years ago.

This is a quite rare condition, in addition there may be something else causing the symptoms which you are having. If threadworm was indeed present, the symptoms would increase and worsen over time. I can understand your fear that something may be wrong, but it is extremely important to follow-up with a physician and/or eye doctor when something may be indicated, as many conditions worsen without prompt treatment. Also, you shouldn't be embarrassed, as doctors have seen it all, they are here to help you and you haven't done anything wrong.

if there is any condition present within your eye(s), it is very important/imperative to have this checked. I would suggest that you make an appointment with your primary care physician first, as he/she can take a closer look and examinate. He/she may refer you to an eye doctor or specialist if they feel that you need further evaluation with this. This may be something else, not related to threadworms at all, but this would need to be examined further in order to diagnose and treat if necessary. Some untreated conditions, especially those pertaining to the eye's can cause blindness if left untreated. This is why it is so very important to have this evaluated further, as many conditions can be simply treated without any further damage.

I would recommend that you see your physician asap.

I wish you the very best!

If you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank You,