Family Medicine
Family Medicine, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Board certified Family Medicine

Can having anal sex cause constipation

Customer Question

Can having anal sex cause constipation?
Category: Health
Expert:  Family Medicine replied 7 years ago.

Anal sex itslef should not cause constipation unless there is soreness in anal area which is painful during defecation.

Pain in anal area during defecation can inhibit the reflex and that can lead to constipation.

More liquids, regular exercise, high fiber diet, stool softners like colace, metamucil are all helpful to releive constipation.

In case it persists or gets worsened, it needs to be physically evaluated.

Best wishes

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Okay. I have another question for you, I've been having some itching in my vagina. And I'm thinking the cause could be the use of a different brand of tampon. What are your thoughts?

Thank you for waiting as I was answering another question.

Itching in vagina can be because of several reasons.

It could be infection like yeast, chlamydia,bacterial vaginosis or other infection.

It can be because of tampoons itself.

You can try different brand but best is always to have direct clinical evaluation by local physician in order to know the exact cause of itching as treatment is based on the cause.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Okay. Are there any clinics that would check me out for free? My parents don't know I have any of these problems and I'm afraid to tell them. Bytheway, I live in indiana.

Since you are already 19 as shown in your profile, you can see local health care provider independently and confidentiality is your right.

All i can suggest is to go to local county hospital as they usually have better fee scale or payement program.

If you cant afford, you can ask social worker there to help you out to get medical care you need.

They will help you or at least guide you better.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Okay. Thank you so much! Have a great rest of the night!
thank you too. best wishes for your health and safety.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Actually I have another question. How soon can you get symptoms of being pregnant?

It is variable.

If anyone suspects pregnancy, the biggest sign of that is missed periods.

Blood test can confirm the pregnancy after around 10 days of conception.

Urine test is reliable after around 2 weeks of missed periods.

Some females do not feel any symptoms of pregnancy at all and are just found out to be pregnant when blood or urine test is performed. everybody is diferent.

Lot of county hospitals and other hospitals have pcap( prenatal care assistance program) for pregnant patients who are not affording expenses of prenatal care.