Salar
Salar, Doctor
Experience:  int.medicine board eligible, research fellowship cardiology.. working at UTMCK
11855647

I have a dark line on the back of my neck. It has rough lines

I have a dark line on the back of my neck. It has rough lines as well. Is this anything to be concerned about?
does it itch or burn.. how long do you have it for... any signs of infection like redness or pain in that area
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
It does not itch or burn. I would not have even noticed it but my daughter saw it while I had my hair up. I have had it for quite a while longer than a year. My mothers side of the family has Diabetes and a skin condition I believe its called eczema. There has been no redness or pain in this area and no signs of infection. I just assumed it was a skin discoloration.
ok.if it is not causing any problem then its just skin pigmentation. Also since you have history of diabetes in family .. try to stay active and slim to avoid it. also diabetes is linked with skin discoloration in under arm area. eczema would not be like this.