Dr.Rhema, Doctor
Experience:  Board Certified in Family Practice and Geriatrics, worked in ER & urgent care

I have been having a hollow feeling in my upper chest for a

Customer Question

I have been having a hollow feeling in my upper chest for a couple of days, not alot of pain. I have taken some gas-x and it seems to help. I have been told that I have gall stones but I have high blood presure and I have had problems with by heart racing. Could this be my gall stones acting up?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr.Rhema replied 7 years ago.
Hello,Customer- I am going to guess that you are male. How old are you? And what kind of problems have you had with racing heart? Do you smoke? And tell me about the hollow feeling? Is it there all the time or does it come and go? When you have the feeling, do you ever feel nauseated or short of breath? Have you broken out in a cold sweat with it? What seems to bring the feeling on? Exertion?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

The hollow feeling does come and go and I do not get nauseated or break out in a sweat at all. It just seems that after I eat, in a couple of hours I get this feeling in my chest and I

need to breath deep and it seems like it is gas

Expert:  Dr.Rhema replied 7 years ago.
I would suggest that you schedule an appointment with your doctor for evaluation of this. You will need an EKG and possibly a chest x-ray and bloodwork. Yes - it could be the gallstones, but don't take chances. Get this evaluated within the next week. Don't pt it off. And if it becomes severe - GO TO THE ER!!!