Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  35 years of experience

I have been randomly getting dizzy for no apparent reason.

I have been randomly getting dizzy for no apparent reason. Its been happening of the past four days. It just kind of hits me and then i get really dizzy and disoriented for a few seconds and then it kinda fades away into a very mild dizziness. Sometimes my head feels a little hazy afterwards as well. I am a 20 year old male in good health and good shape.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 7 years ago.

Do you have any previous disease?

Did you see doctor?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
No sir, I have no previous conditions and no I havent seen a doctor yet. I wasn't sure if this was serious enough to go see a doctor. I was hoping it would pass in a day or two.
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 7 years ago.

The dizziness may be due to many reasons-

There may be dehydration , loss of fluid or fall of blood pressure .

Heart rhythm abnormalities may also lead to the attacks of dizziness or faintness.

It may also occur from anxiety or stress or any neurological cause.

If you have it for 4 days after taking more water & food , you can have an examination by doctor to find the exact cause.

I hope this information will helpful.

Please ask if you need any clarification.

Thank you.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I'm pretty sure i'm not dehydrated because i've been making sure to drink plenty of fluids.

My heart rhythm seems to be normal and around 70bpm.

I am on break from college right now so i'm actually pretty stress free.

Is it possible that it is an allergic reaction? I do not seem to have any symptoms of allergies (no runny nose, itchy eyes, sneezing, etc) but i have heard that an ear allergy although uncommon may cause dizziness. But wouldnt an ear allergy have an ongoing dizziness instead of a random brief episode?

I think my dizziness may be more common after a meal but i'm not quite sure.
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 7 years ago.
Yes as you are taking plenty of fluids you should not be dehydrated.

Allergy is unlikely to be the cause of it. Ear cause may cause giddiness or vertigo , but you will have some sympXXXXX XXXXXke pain or block there.

If you feel it is coming after meals try to take small frequent meals instead of a large one.