Dr Singh
Dr Singh, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MD

Iam having pain on the inside of both knees, its painfull to

Iam having pain on the inside of both knees, its painfull to the touch. I some times feel pain in my calf muscles as well. This condition usally last for a few days. Then I might go weeks with out feeling any thing.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr Singh replied 7 years ago.

hi sling,

welcome to justanswer!

please provide little more information.

whats your age?

does your knees have redness/tenderness?

are they swollen?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
no redness. is tender to the touch,only on the inside of each knee, top,underside and outside of knee are fine. Never any swelling. I could be wrong but I do not think there is any problem with the joint itself. I am wondering if it could be diet related. I smoke and I consume 3 to 4 cups of coffee per day ( 2 teaspoons of sugar per cup).
Expert:  Dr Singh replied 7 years ago.

let me explain like this:

as the pain is symetrical(ie appeared in both knees) i think youmay have early signs of osteoarthritis (the painful sensation in knee joints are the start of this condition as there are some destructive changes inside the knee...this condition is progressive if not treated as in untreated cases the diseases progress to other small joint and then to the big knee and hip joint(coxarthrosis)....

i suggest you to visit your doctor fo evaluation and have a prescription related to this condition..

heres a useful article by Mayo Clinic on treatment and home remidies..Please read through..

i hope this information will be useful!

Please click "ACCEPT" if I answered your question to your satisfaction so that I may get credit for my work.POSITIVE FEEDBACK / BONUS will be highly appriciated.