Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  U.S. Physician/Surgeon in Neurosurgery

I have some Levofloxacino (Flevox) 500mg tablet I bought in

I have some Levofloxacino (Flevox) 500mg tablet I bought in Mexico a year ago. I know have had some sinisitus, sore throat & mild fever for 4 days. Is this medicine a borad spectrum that will kill any bacterial infections I may have?
Well, offically I cannot recommend that you take any old medication, especially for a condition that may not even be caused by bacterial causes, since you don't know how effective this medication could be.

That being said, the levofloxacin is an antibiotic that is good for many types of bacterial infections, including the common ones that cause:

prostate infections
urinary tract infections
skin infections

Of course, realize that many cases of sinusitis are caused by viruses (and antibiotics will have no effect at all), and that most cases of sinusitis improve over 10 days. Many doctors will not prescribe antibiotics over the first 10 days because the vast majority of them are caused by viruses (probably 98% of the time).