Salar
Salar, Doctor
Experience:  int.medicine board eligible, research fellowship cardiology.. working at UTMCK
11855647

After i eat i feel like my food is not digesting & trying to

Customer Question

After i eat i feel like my food is not digesting & trying to come back up. It started about a yr ago & i noticed it more with spicy foods like spaghetti & pizza, but its almost to the point of happening on a daily basis now regardless of what i eat-dry toast, baked chicken, potatoes, luncheon meats. I thought maybe it was acid reflux, but i dont have any of the other symptoms.
Category: Health
Expert:  Salar replied 8 years ago.
do you have any other medical history.. abdominal pain after eating.. is it more common after night sleep. any difficulty swallowing... hows your appetite do you feel full with just couple of bites
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I have fibromyalgia & am overweight. It does seem to happen more in the morning & will last all day. Sometimes it doesnt start until after dinner. I do not have any abdominal pain or problems swallowing.
Expert:  Salar replied 8 years ago.
well in that case its acid reflux which is causing problem. you can take prilosec otc for it. avoid spicy or fatty food. keep head end of bed elevated. eat dinner several hours before sleepin n chew gum during day.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/gerd/DS00967
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I have been told that this is not acid reflux.
Expert:  Salar replied 8 years ago.
well there are not many things that can cause this .. either acid reflux which increases with pizza or spicy food , the other options are hiatal hernia or narrowing of stomach exit which could be from ulcers or delayed gastric emptying or being overweight... but usually it causes abdominal pain n early satiety which you dont have. your best is to try prilosec to see if it helps. if it doesnt get better see a stomach doctor.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I'm not satisified with my answer because i dont feel like you told me anymore than what i knew before.
Expert:  Salar replied 8 years ago.
well then why dont you ask specific questions so that I dont repeat what you already know?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
i told you what my symptom was. You asked specific questions & i answered. You told me several things it could be, which i already knew that. I was looking for a more specific answer from you-which i did not get.
Expert:  Salar replied 8 years ago.
see the problem on internet is that i cant run tests n examine you which makes it very hard to pin point one thing as the cause. i can point you in the right direction but you need to see your doctor for confirmation. the symptoms you mentioned could be from several things
1.acid reflux
2.narrowing of stomach
3.hiatal hernia
4. gall bladder disease/ stones

you need to see your doctor for exam n treatment.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Ok, i see what you're seeing & i agree that yes i should be seen by a doctor. So therefore since your response did not answer my question then i wll not be charged -correct??
Expert:  Salar replied 8 years ago.
yes.