Dr.Khurana
Dr.Khurana, Doctor
Experience:  Senior Resident Radiologist

an open sore on the bottom of my little toe it wont heal.

Customer Question

an open sore on the bottom of my little toe it won't heal. My. Doctor said i had chill blains what should I do. its painful and hard to walk
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr.Khurana replied 5 years ago.

Hello ,

I request you to send me some additional information so that it can help me answer you better .

What is your age and sex?

Since when do you have this sore?

How did you get it ?

Are you suffering from any disease like diabetes etc.?

What medication have you taken for the sore ?

Is the sore bandaged?

Have you taken any medication for the chill blains?

Thanks and Regards,

Dr.Khurana

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

this pink circular sore under neath my toe started month ago

its deeper now.. more painful..

it is slightly "oozy"

i do not have diabetis

the chillblains blisters were on top of the same toe

It feels numbish, and painful

I am concerned

otherwise healthy and happy

Thanks ,

Have you bandaged the wound ?

Are you applying any medication for the same >

Thanks and Regards .

Dr.Khurana

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

not bandaged it yet

no medicine either

its right in the crease.. fold of toe

pink, circular, open..kind of deep

Thank you ,

The sore that you have mentioned has in all probability occurred due to the underlying chilblains.

Such a sore is a common occurrence in chilblains.

You do need to take a few measures so that the wound can heal better and faster .

First and foremost the area needs to be kept warm as cold is the basic cause of your condition .

Calamine lotion can be applied to the area affected by the chilblains as it will soothe the skin .

Nifedipine is a medicine which goes a long way in treating a condition like yours .Thus I would request you to discuss the same with your physician who can prescribe you the above.Not only will it help the sore heal faster but will also prevent further progression of the chilblains.

It is advisable that you restrict the movement in the area of your sore ,as not only will it increase the healing process but will also help you feel less of the pain .

I hope this answers your question .

If you have any further apprehensions then please do get back to me .

Thanks and Regards,

Dr.Khurana

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

please answer this

the chilblains is on the side of my little toe...that area

the whole is circular and under neath my toe, in the crease

it 'seeps" clear fluid

is this tissue dying? is this dangerous? I am afraid if it gets worse my toe will die

I know it sounds crazy .. but its gets so numb.. feeling

please tell me what you think

namaste