Macy RN
Macy RN, RN CHPN
Experience:  RN of 19 years.Experienced in ER, Critical Care, Surgery, Nutrition, Peds,OB/Gyn and Hospice.
5260558

whats can i do for the runes i have taken lomitil & amodeim

Customer Question

whats can i do for the runes i have taken lomitil & amodeim i can't have any thing by mouth im on a feeding tube. i'm staying hydrated. but cant stops the runes please is there any thing that i can take i already took the max doesage of the lomitil
Category: Health
Expert:  Macy RN replied 5 years ago.

HelloCustomer

I am sorry you are not feeling well.

How long have you had the runs?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

i had them for about a week

Expert:  Macy RN replied 5 years ago.

Thank you for yoru reply.

Usually when Lomotil and the like do not help there is something such as a bacterial infection causing it.

Your doctor will need to check a stool specimen to see if it is caused by a bacterial, parasite etc.

If this is the case you will be prescribed an antibiotic or other prescription depending on the cause. It should them clear up after about 24 hours on the meds.

You could have a intestinal infection called C- difficil which is contagious so be sure to wash your hand good after toileting.

I hope you feel better soon. Please get in to see your doctor tomorrow so you don't get dehydrated.

Best Wishes to you,

Macy

Macy RN, RN CHPN
Experience: RN of 19 years.Experienced in ER, Critical Care, Surgery, Nutrition, Peds,OB/Gyn and Hospice.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
thank you i am waiting for the stoll sample then i will know just thought that there was somthing else that i could take while waiting thank you
Expert:  Macy RN replied 5 years ago.

I wish there was something. Hopefully the results will be back quickly.

God bless,

Macy