Dr. Singh
Dr. Singh, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS. General Practitioner, experienced in hospital care and primary care.

I have a lump over my pelvic area above my penis. Its on the

I have a lump over my pelvic area above my penis. Its on the right side of the V shaped area and i can push it in like jelly almost but it hurts when i push hard, Whats going on?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Singh replied 7 years ago.

I need some more info.

What is the size, shape and color of the lump? Is it soft, firm or hard?

Any spot or skin changes over the lump?

When did you first noticed it? Any change in size since then?

Is it located in the groin area or in the pubic hair area?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
its about the size of a quarter or so but in a football shape.The skin is still the same color as normal and i noticed it about a week or so ago. its kinda always been there since i became older and filled out but it recently got a little bigger and hurts when i push on it or i bend over and it pushes on it. Its soft and i can push in on it. its in the pubic hair area.
Expert:  Dr. Singh replied 7 years ago.
This is most likely a lipoma which is a benign tumor of fat cells. Lipomas are mostly harmless and do not require any treatment, but they can be removed if they enlarge in size or cause some discomfort. Another less likely possibility is a small hernia. You should see a physician to confirm the diagnosis.

Dr Singh