Dr.M.D.Mazumdar, MD
Dr.M.D.Mazumdar, MD, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Twenty years experience in active private practice
1725470

my right eye feels like its puffy/swollen but it isnt. it

my right eye feels like it's puffy/swollen but it isn't. it also feels slightly like a numb sensation. i haven't had vision changes or seeing any bright spots, etc. i have been having pain and headaches due to wisdom teeth/cavity's but that is on the left side. i have no other symptoms. no dizziness. no slurred speech. no confusion. i am very nervous as i suffer from anxiety only when it comes to illness and deadly diseases. can anyone please help

It is possible that the inflammation from the wisdom tooth has spread to the tissues around the eye (peri-orbital tissues)and these are now slightly inflamed. Although you cannot see any swelling and do not have any vision problems, please get a check up tomorrow - you may need oral antibiotics.

Meanwhile, please take an anti-inflammatory medicine like ibuprofen , availabel OTC, 200mg thrice daily.

I hope this helps.

Please feel free to ask for more information if you want any. If not, please accept the answer by clicking on the green 'Accept' button on this page. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback would be much appreciated.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
i am just very worried i have a brain tumor. or something of that matter. or a stroke. or brain cancer. even though my wisdom teeth are on the left side that's bothering me it still could affect just my right eye? i am just a nervous wreck about being ill. what are the chances of it being serious like that?
I seriously doubt that you have anything as serious as a tumor or a stroke. There would have been other symptoms like a very severe headache, difficulty in maintaining the balance of the body etc. I think that this is just an inflammation and the Ibuprofen will help decrease it. But you do need to get it checked out.