Internist, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Board Certified in 2 Specialties, VERIFIED,American, trained and located in United States

Hey! I did a hydrogen peroxide enema about 5 days ago to do

Hey! I did a hydrogen peroxide enema about 5 days ago to do a stupid detox. However I have been either crapping mucousy blood or just have bowel movements that are dark, but I did take peptmo bismol. And I heard it can make your fecal material black too. I'm feeling much better today than ever since I did that stupid enema. But I'm just wondering if theres anything I should worry about? The enema was 40ml 3%H2O2 in a 120ml solution.
Category: Health
Expert:  Internist replied 7 years ago.

Thank you for your question.

This is the third question I have answered today regarding hydrogen peroxide enemas. The people who make the claims that this is effective in detoxing the human body should be arrested. Not only is there no proof that it works but it is obviously harmful.

The hydrogen peroxide can irritate the sensitive mucosal lining of the rectum and cause bleeding and diarrhea. The pepto bismol that you took can cause black stool. There is nothing you should worry about as this will resolve within 48 -72 hours. Do not take any further enemas. Do not take anything else that may cause more harm than good. If this does not go away within the next two days than see a doctor but I'm quite certain it will resolve on its own.

Click "ACCEPT" (GREEN) or I do not get credit for my answer and the site holds your deposit.. Take a moment to leave a POSITIVE feedback which does not cost you anything. This response is for your information only and does not substitute for a visit to your doctor.