Pauline
Pauline, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Medical Doctor & Registered Pharmacist. Worked as Community pharmacist for 17 years.
659881

i have a rash developing between my fingers on my right hand

i have a rash developing between my fingers on my right hand - ive tried several lotions w/o and help its starting to hurt itch - any suggestions
Category: Health
Expert:  Pauline replied 7 years ago.

what is the appearance of the rash?

how long has it been a problem?

have you tried anything from your pharmacy? If so, what ?

are you able to take a digital photo?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
its red kind of making the inside of my fingers raw - scabing over a little - for about 2weeks the pharmacist recommended hydrocortisone -
Expert:  Pauline replied 7 years ago.

Thanks for the extra information

How often have you used the hydrocortisone?

Has it made any difference?

what is your occupation?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
about every couple of hours just started using it yesterday - i think it has stopped it from spreading - i manage a bowling alley part time and im self employed and i worked at LLBEAN for a while - processing cloths etc
Expert:  Pauline replied 7 years ago.

I would continue with the hydrocortisone for a maximum of 7 days, but only use it three times a day. You will need to avoid perfumed soaps, toiletries, laundry detergent and chemical cleansers.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
how do i wash my cloths w/o detergent - how about getting my hand wet that seems to aggravate it
Expert:  Pauline replied 7 years ago.

You will need to use rubber/vinyl gloves that are suitable for sensitive skin. This is either an atopic eczema or allergic dermatitis so wile the skin is healing then you will need to keep your hands as dry as possible.

There are other possible causes of the rash (fungal infection, viral infection) but I think we need to give the hydrocortisone a chance to see how it responds.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
thank you for your time