Doc Suske
Doc Suske, Doctor
Experience:  Over 33 years experience in primary care, geriatrics & sportsmedicine

Hi, i have just got over a mild flu or strong cold. I was getting

Hi, i have just got over a mild flu or strong cold. I was getting a lot of yellow out of my nose and also getting stick in my throat. It would make my throat hurt alot, but would be relieved when i snorted and spit it out. The flu symtptoms subsided last night but the pain in the left side of my throat has gotten worse. It only hurts when i swallow and now my left gland is hurting a bit too. i have been trying to snort cough and hack this thing out of the left side off and on all night with no luck. It looks like there is something stick or swelling in one of the cracks in the left side of throat.Please let me know if you have any ideas. Thank you very much and Happy New Year
It certaily seems that you had (have) an infection, which has localized in the throat- probably a tonsil?
Do you still have tonsils?

If not, it could be a local abcess.

If you are not feeling worse, & gradually improving, it seem safe to wait, to be checked.
After a few days, if not better, or anytime if you get worse, you should be checked. You may need an antibiotic after culture is done.

In the meantime- you can gargle with warm salt water (1 teapooN SALT IN 8OZ WARM WATER)10 m inutes, every 2-3 hours.

If ineffective after 3-4 tries, you can consider Benadryl elixir- gargled & spit out- 2 teaspoonfuls 3very 3-4 hours.
(can do both- alternating- 2 saline for every 1 Benadryl gargle)

Also can try Chloraseptic gargle in addition to the above- directions on label.
Hope that helps

Happy New Year
Thank you for allowing me to be of assistance.

Kindly press 'ACCEPT' so that I may be paid for my time and advice. This does NOT cost you extra!

Bonus & Follow-up questions for clarification or added information, are always welcomed.
Positive feedback is appreciated.

You should always consult with your medical care provider, for proper diagnosis and treatment & follow-up.

The information provided is for educational purposes only.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Hi Doc Suske, i just wanted to add one thing and hopefully get a revised answer and i will definitely accept to make the payment. I do have tonsils, and i was looking with a flashlight in the mirror and have noticed a small white lump. That is what i thought was stuck in my throat but it actually seems to be attatched to the left side of my throat. I tried to get ti out gently with a q-tip but it is definitely attatched. It is probably half the size of a pencil eraser. Do you know what this could be. Thank you very much for your quick reply and when i receive this answer i will accept to make the payment.
Yes, thanks
That could be a small tonsil, or pus in a tonsil crypt or cave.

that is the normal function of tonsils- to trap infection & pus.

So my original advise holds.

take care,

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Hello again Doc Suske. i have accepted the charge to show good faith and because i really appreciate the advice. i am going to try the salt gargle now. Thanks again and i will leave positive feedback. I will also try to get my spelling right. Thanks again,Customer
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Please let me know if you received payment as i was a little confused on the process. Thanks again for setting my mind at ease and enjoy the new year.
I did receive the accept & payment.
The best to you for this year.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Hi Doc Suske, i was wondering if you received two payments $15 and $20. This is what was charged to my account. It was a mistake on my part but i feel that just having your advice halped ease my mind so much i wanted you to keep both payments. Please let me know if you received both and thanks again for the advice.

No, I only see 1 for
Don't know how you contact the site for refund/credit?
Refuse extra charge on your credit card.

Thanks for your comment- leave feedback please, if not done

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Hi doc Suske, I am currently asking another question and am trying to figure out how to direct it to you. Should i just enter the ? or is there some way to request you. ThanksCustomer
Yes, just ask & address to me, in the question

also request me on the site, when asking