Pauline, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Medical Doctor & Registered Pharmacist. Worked as Community pharmacist for 17 years.

Can mild carotid artery didease, stroke or TIA cause elevated

Can mild carotid artery didease, stroke or TIA cause elevated IOP?

Are you the patient?

Have you been diagnosed with raised IOP? What tests have you had?

Any symptoms?

Have you had the stroke/TIA?

What treatment are you on?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Treated for over 1 year - tube-shunt surgery 4 mo ago.

Still having pain in my eye and head. Pain and stiffness in my neck (same side) for about a year.

There is a theoretical link with stroke and increased IOP however this determines on the site of the stroke, I do not believe that you have been diagnosed with stroke?

Pain and stiffness in neck is most likely associated withe vertebral problems including disc or arthritis. Muscular pain may contribute to tension type headaches.

It sounds like you have a couple of problems happening at the same time that may not be related.

Carotid artery disease tends not to cause pain symptoms, it is more likely to manifest itself as TIA episodes and this would give transient symptoms depending on the location of the blockage.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I hope that you are right.

It seems like doctors don't connect multiple symptoms until the condition is more dire.

Thank you.