Pauline, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Medical Doctor & Registered Pharmacist. Worked as Community pharmacist for 17 years.

I have been experiencing discomfort when urinating over the

I have been experiencing discomfort when urinating over the last couple of days. I noticed that at times I may have had a trace of blood come through. Now my left side below my rib cage has a dull pain associated with it. I feel like I have to urinate often, but a smaller amount comes out than usual and I have a weird sensation in the end of my penis. Do I need to go to ER or wait to see a Dr.?
Category: Health
Expert:  Pauline replied 7 years ago.

From your symptoms it sounds like you may have a urinary tract infection, as you are now experiencing left sided pain which may be radiating from your kidney, I would suggest that you visit an urgent care center rather than waiting to see a doctor next week. This is especially true if you have any fever.

You need urinalysis to confirm infection, and then treatment can be started as appropriate