Dr.Rhema, Doctor
Experience:  Board Certified in Family Practice and Geriatrics, worked in ER & urgent care

For the last two days I have had blood in my urine. To be

For the last two days I have had blood in my urine. To be honest, this has happened before but it usualy goes away after a day or so. The thing is that this time I also have abdominal pain in my lower right quadrant. I had a partial hysterectomy almost four years ago. I also don't have insurance, any ideas or suggestions?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr.Rhema replied 7 years ago.
Hello,Customer- Blood in the urine(or hematuria as it is called) is a fairly concerning symptom. There's something wrong in the urinary tract. It could be the kidney (one or both), the ureters (the tubes that lead from the kidneys to the bladder) or in the bladder itself. The blood could be due to a large number of problems - infection, kidney stones (if they are not moving, the stones do not cause a lot of pain), bladder stones, tumors.
I would advise that you go to an urgent care clinic. That would be probably the least expensive way to handle this. Get a urinalysis done. If the urine shows pus as well as blood, then you probably have a bladder infection. They will give you a prescription for antibiotics.
In the meantime - limit your caffeine intake, drink plenty of water. And don't smoke.
Good luck.