Onlinedoc, General Physician
Experience:  B.A.M.S with experience in Medicine,Ayurveda, Integrative, CAM

muscle..left leg around the top and it is 24 ins,the rt leg measure

I was on an 11 hr driving trip to and from my son home,for xmax. 3 days later,I have notice the inside of the top of my leg was bugeing out, and felt like a real big muscle. There is no pain or hotness there.I measured the left leg around the top and it is 24 ins,the rt leg measure 27.Today my rt ankle felted like it was asleep at intervals,tonight my ankle is having sharp pains constanly coming and going.I put a heating pad on it,no help. I soak my ankle in ep salt,that hasn't help.acould I possible have a DVT,from driving so long.
Category: Health
Expert:  Onlinedoc replied 7 years ago.
As such in some patients DVT doesn't produce symptoms like pain , swelling , etc.
Without further investigations like Colour doppler study of lower limbs it is difficult to rule out DVT .
Also driving for long hours is a known risk factor for DVT .
But from what you describe muscular strain can also be a possibility .
You need to be seen by your doctor for further clinical examination and based upon clinical examination you may require further investigations ..

I hope this helps