Dr. P. Jyoti
Dr. P. Jyoti, Consultant MD
Experience:  17 yrs experience in treating OPD & Emergency patients.

My daughter-in-law had a seizure at work today and they took

My daughter-in-law had a seizure at work today and they took her by ambulance to the hospital. The doctor thinks she has a large brain tumor. They are doing a MRI on her as we speak. She is 29 years old. Please tell me this isn't so. I feel so helpless.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. P. Jyoti replied 7 years ago.
Although there is really no way to say what caused the seizures, I can only reassure you that there are many causes of seizures.

These include electrolyte imbalances, hemorrhage, infections, etc. In 7 out of 10 cases of such seizuers, the cause in fact is not detected and it is called epilepsy of unknown etiology. This is most likely for your daughter in law also. You can only take courage and hope for the best.

My prayers for you and your family.

I hope my answer has helped you. Please click on the green 'accept' button below for accepting this answer. Feedback/Bonus will be appreciated.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
but why would the doctor have said he thinks it is a large brain tumor according to what my son told me?
There may be other signs indicating a tumor. This can include spasticity of muscles, vomiting, etc.

At present, the best course for you is to hold yourself up and keep strong mentally specially for your son and your daughter in law. The MRI results will be the definitive solution for this.