Salar
Salar, Doctor
Experience:  int.medicine board eligible, research fellowship cardiology.. working at UTMCK
11855647

ear infections, and I have a bad sore throat, I was diagnosed..strep

My name is XXXXX XXXXX      I want to know what medicine I can use for ear infections, and I have a bad sore throat, I was diagnosed with strep throat ,but this was 3 weeks ago. I don't think the Amox. Clavanate helped me. I'm allergic to Lamictal ,Erythromycin, and Dilaudid. I'm Epileptic and have had 4 brain surgeries. The medicine I take for seizures are Celexa, Trileptal, and Felbatol if this helps .
do you still have sore throat? is it progressing to include ear.. any fever? how long did you take the antibiotic?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Yes I still have the sore throat I took the antibiotic for 10 days , every time I swallow my ears are in pain
it seemz that you have ear involvement from sore throat and augmentin didnt cover it completely. I would encourage that you go back to your doctor or atleast call him. He may want to examine and prescribe a second round of stronger antibiotics.