Doctor G.
Doctor G., Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Internal Medicine / Cardiology / Endocrine questions

large bruises that make like the back of my arm really sore and hurts

Customer Question

I am on 6 mg of Warfarin a day and have been having my INR tested monthly. However recently I have noticed a lot of bruising, large bruises that make like the back of my arm really sore and hurts. I have an appointment with my Dr. on Fri., but I am wondering if I should discontinue taking the Warfarin until then. I also have a very large area on my abdomen that has a bump on it. I would appreciate and answer. Thank you----Doris Knerr
Category: Health
Expert:  Doctor G. replied 7 years ago.
Thank you for your question. You will probably not like the answer that I am going to give you but I will not insult your intelligence with anything less than the truth. It would be unprofessional, unethical, and dangerous for me to tell you to stop taking medication such as Warfarin. Irrespective of the condition or your INR, your doctor has to visualize the bruising and perhaps run another INR. Since your appointment is on Friday, continue taking your medication until you see your doctor.

Thank you for allowing me to be a part of your care and have a Happy New Year.

Kindly press 'ACCEPT' so that I may be paid for my work and advice.
This does NOT cost you extra!

Follow-up questions are always welcomed!

You should always consult with your physician for the proper diagnosis and treatment.

The above was for educational purposes only.