Dr. P. Jyoti
Dr. P. Jyoti, Consultant MD
Experience:  17 yrs experience in treating OPD & Emergency patients.

First of all, I lost my health ins. this year and unable to

Customer Question

First of all, I lost my health ins. this year and unable to seek help. I'm hoping that this to my question will help in some way. For some time now, I have been experiencing passing out but prior from this episode, my hands & feet become very "cold" and then my whole body becomes very cold to the point as though I am convulsing. Then, I wake up and it appears that I lost consciousness feeling lost and not remembering anything. All this always happens in the early morning never any other time. Had Diabetes test, brain scan and camara in my stomach in addition to numerous blood tests that were all normal. However I wake up with cold hands & feet in the morning and when I take Rolaids, it goes away in minutes. I think this could have something to do with my intestinal tract because of the rolaids i have been taking.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. P. Jyoti replied 7 years ago.
This could be an attack of partial seizures. Partial seizures are also called temporal lobe epilepsy. They could be simple or complex, when there is no impairment of consiciousness it is called simple and when the consciousness is impaired it is called a complex partial seizure.

Temporal lobe epileptic attacks occur in the temporal lobe of the brain and involve episodes where the person undergoes a period of momentary absence. The person during this time does not respond to anyone, may show abnormal movements like rolling of eyes, smacking of lips, abnormal movement of a limb or limbs, etc. He or she may not remember these events later.

I suggest that you go for a consultation with a neurologist. Yo should discuss temporal lobe epilepsy with him. you will need tests like EEG for this.

You can look up here:

I hope my answer has helped you. Please click on the green ‘accept' button below for accepting this answer. Feedback/Bonus will be appreciated.