Ask Your Health Question and Get an Answer ASAP
How did you injure your ribs?
Is there pain on pressing/tenderness at the site of injury? Any swelling?
Are you on any medications?
Is breathing or chest expansion causes pain?
The pressure must have hurt your muscles and costochondral junctions (joint between the ribs and costal cartilages) and may have sprained the junction of the rib and cartilage or caused costochondritis. Read about it;
2) anti-inflammatory analgesics for three weeks,
3) heating pad,
4) local analgesic patch / ointment /spray,
5) rib brace (this supports the tissue and junctions and is very important in chronic pains),
5) iontophoresis, phonophoresis done at physical therapy centers.
6) other deep therapy like short wave diathermy.
Any weight lifting or strenuous exercise will aggravate the pain and should be avoided for atleast for the three weeks. The exercise regime like running or jogging which does not hurt can be commenced and should be gradually increased, as you mentioned.
Please feel free for your follow up questions.
This seems to be musculoskeletal/costochondritis. Yes, you can count the last 5 days as part of healing process.
It is pleasure assisting you.