Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  U.S. Physician/Surgeon in Neurosurgery

have pain in right shoulder and upper centre near collar bone

have pain in right shoulder and upper centre near collar bone , tends to ache at times trouble raising arm out in front of me at times or raising arm above head to brush hair
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Mark replied 7 years ago.

Do you also have pain in your upper arm, that does not go below the elbow?

Do you have any trouble with actual mobility of your arm around the shoulder?

Any neck pain?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
no pain in upper arm or below the elbow mobility just tender if i holg arm out in front of me or raise above head has a feeling like it catches or bones rub , collar bone slightly sore at times and some times dull pain under my arm but no pain to touch or no lumps either
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
no neck pain no numbness
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
also it is tender to sleep on that side at night after a minute or two my shoulder hurts and i have to turn to opposite side
Expert:  Dr. Mark replied 7 years ago.

It is a bit difficult to determine if this is a shoulder issue vs a nerve compression issue just from the way you describe it, but...

the fact that you say you have pain over the front of the shoulder that worsens with overhead movements and holding your arm out in front of you seems to more suggest shoulder issues, including inflammation of tendons (like the bicep tendon as it attaches to the shoulder) or rotator cuff issues, or impingement syndrome.

Often the best method for treatment initially involves rest -- you have to avoid all overhead and other activities that aggravate the shoulder, to allow any potential inflammation to improve. Taking medications such as advil may help with the pain and reduce inflammation. Should these not help, seeing your doctor for an exam in person and further treatment including physical therapy and steroid injections may also be helpful.