Pauline
Pauline, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Medical Doctor & Registered Pharmacist. Worked as Community pharmacist for 17 years.
659881

does mold cause Streptococcus Pneumoniae Infections

Category: Health
Expert:  Pauline replied 5 years ago.
Mold is a yeast/fungus while strep pneumonia is a bacterial infection so there is not a direct link if this infection has been confirmed by microbiology analysis.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Does mold cause

Pseudomonas Pneumonia . I was living with mold and wet carpet (dustmites) for Seven years without my knowledge.

I've had lung surgery and sinus surgery. I'm constantly battling with viral and bacteria infections. yeast infections, painful muscles and joints.

Lots of Pseudomonas Pneumonia, and streppcocci pneumonia. They want to give me some Ivig treatments. THE ONLY TOXINS I'VE BEEN EXPOSED TO IS THE CONSTANT PLUMMING PROBLEMS IN MY APT. BLDG. AND THE , WET CARPET, AND MOLD GROWING INSIDE MY BEDROOM WALLS.

THERE HAS TO BE A CONNECTION, PLS. TELL ME WHAT IT IS ?

Expert:  Pauline replied 5 years ago.

It is common to get a bacterial infection secondary to viral infections such as cold/flu, this is normal for most people regardless of living conditions.

However being exposed to mold in some people may lead to allergies and even fungal chest infections if they have reduced immune systems. However the fungal lung infections would be seen on chest x ray.

From the history, it sounds like you have a chronic reduced immune system, this may make you more prone to developing problems but may not be the initial cause.

Pauline, Doctor (MD)
Experience: Medical Doctor & Registered Pharmacist. Worked as Community pharmacist for 17 years.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I'm sorry, I had an emergency. Now back to my you for additional information.

Are you familiar with B.O.O.P. is this a viral or bacterail infection. The drainage from my nose started gong down my throat so much for so long, it set up a home in my lungs. I had my lungs drained twice.

I'm told if they can't control my sinsues then my lungs can't be helped.

I have NEVER HAD ANY IMMUNE PROBLEMS. IN FACT, I DIDN'T EVEN GET A COLD EACH YEAR. SO I SUFFERED NO EAR,NOSE THORAT, OR LUNG PROBLEMS UNTIL I MOVED INTO THIS BUILDING WITH ALL OF IT'S PLUMBING PROBLEMS, WET CARPET AND HIDDEN MOLD IN THE WALLS.

So, did these chemcials CAUSE MY IMMUNE SYSTEM TO FAIL BECAUSE IT COULD NOT HANDLE THE ENORMOUS AND CONSTANT INFECTIONS.

DID THE NUMERIOUS ANTIBOTICS CAUSE ME SOME HARM. I HAD SO MANY OF THEM. I WOULD BE GIVE ONE ANTIBOTIC FOR AN INFECTION IN MY NOSE AND OR LUNGS AND IT WOULD MAKE IT WORSE..... ALSO I HAD TO GET OTHER ANTIBOTICS BECASUE THESE ANTIBOTICS GAVE ME A DIFFERENT KIND OF INFECTION ON TOP OF WHAT I HAD.

HOW MUCH DID ALL OF THESE ANTIBOTICS HARM ME?

IT'S SIX YEARS LATER, AND I HAVE JUST BEEN APPROVED OF IVIG treatments. Should they have given me this sooner? HOW MUCH WILLTHEY HELP ME? IF ANY.

What percentage did the mold and dustmite infestation damage my immune system or my whole respiratory health?

thank hyou

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

can you explain this cycle OF HOW THE MOLD CAUSED THIS MADNESS

I'm breathing in this mold and dustmite (unknowingly) FOR SEVEN YEARS.. when it ws discovered. I was clearly REACTING TO THE EFFECTS OF THESE TOXINS... THE MOLD INSPECTIONS WERE VERY HIGH FOR BLACK, RED, GREEN MOLD AND WATER DAMAGE IN CARPETS --- DUSTMITES.

I start with chronic sinus infections.... the doctors thought it was initally ALLERGIES... I'm highly allergic now.. NEVER BEFORE , NOT EVEN A COLD WITHIN A YEAR.

they give me loads of antibotics.. nothing works

i began to get candida (yeatst) infections and othe types of infections reacting to the antibotics... one drug to stop one infection while giving me another.....

....

now, i have yeast infections in my mouth, in my stomach and my bowelsl. my nails turn white and soft... then they fall off! I HAVE LUNG SURGERY.

FEW MONTHS LATER ... the drainage from my sinsus So severe has settled in my lungs.......they say i have BOOP at the time....AND I'M ON MORE ANTIBOTICS

IT'S BEEN A CONTINIOUS CYCLE OF BACTERAL INFECTIONS, FUNGAL INFECTIONS,

few month later... i have lung surgery to remove some of the stuff... I can't breath, lung in pain etc.

Seven years later... I have NEVER had ONE DAY WITHOUT INFECTIONS, DRAINAGE, POOR LUNGS...

I'M SO BAD ..........I NOW HAVE DEFECTIVE ANTIBODIES........I CAN'T FIGHT ANY OF THESE INFECTIONS...

NOW THEY'LL TRY SOME IVIG TREATMENTS.......OH, I ALSO HAVE UCLERTIVE COLITIS.......

I KNOW THIS MOLD HAD TO DO THIS TO ME......

ALL THIS PLUMBING, AND FLOODS IN MY APARTMENTS........

OH, THE BUILDING OF 43 UNITS HAD TO BE REMEDIATED IT TOOK MONTHS.. A VERY SEVER CASE, THE HOUSING DEPT. HAD TO TAKE OVER.

THEY SHOULD HAVE CONDEMED IT!