Dr. Singh
Dr. Singh, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS. General Practitioner, experienced in hospital care and primary care.
10798432

I have swelling on my lower forehead between my eyes, and the

I have swelling on my lower forehead between my eyes, and the corners of my eyes stay swollen, and it's worse in the morning, i do have a scar above my nose.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Singh replied 7 years ago.
Hello and welcome to Justanswer,

I need some more information before I try to answer.

When did you first noticed this swelling?

Do you take any medications?

Any redness or discharge from eyes?

Thanks.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I've had this for about ten years, i,ve been to dermotologists, one time they say it is rosacia, then they say it,s not. they have never seen it before they say it might be a combination of different things. I use to have redness but now only the swelling, sometimes my eyes do get a little red and itchy but no discharge, I've had blood work and they said it was borderline lupus. I take lexapro, but i've only taken it for about a year.
Expert:  Dr. Singh replied 7 years ago.
Your symptoms indicate persistent periorbital edema, and the cause for it seems to be lupus or a similar immune disorder. The fact that it gets worse in the morning, and responds to Prednisone is a strong indication for it to be caused by an immune disorder. The specialist that you need to be seeing for this is a Rheumatologist as well as a dermatologist. Antibiotics are unlikely to be of much help in your case as it isn't an infection. So you should see the above specialist and get some blood tests done including complete antibody panel.

Regards.
Dr Singh