Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  U.S. Physician/Surgeon in Neurosurgery

Purchased Bencoprim Ciclobenzaprina in Cozumel, Mexico which

Purchased Bencoprim Ciclobenzaprina in Cozumel, Mexico which is their version of flexeril. Could not believe the savings.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Mark replied 7 years ago.
Did you have a specific question about the medication?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I gave you my credit card number and authorized $9 payment. Is the medication purchased in Mexico safe to take as a sub for flexeril? I am only going to pay $9 and

am still waiting for an answer.

Expert:  Dr. Mark replied 7 years ago.
Well, drugs purchased at a reputable pharmacy in the country should be safe, as manufacturers of the medications in the country still have to meet a standard for medications.

However, it is not as strictly regulated as pharmacies here in the United States, and the drug itself may not be as effective as a U.S. version, since the manufacturing of the drug is not under U.S. regulation.

And medications that are purchased in smaller pharmacies - you are on your own, as it is truly unknown if they can be giving you something fresh, or something old. Unfortunately, the pharmacies in Mexico are not regulated as well as they are here, so one must always be cautious.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.