Dr. Su S
Dr. Su S, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  25 years of clinical experience

When I go to the loo my wee stings and I feel that I need to

When I go to the loo my wee stings and I feel that I need to go every two minutes what can I do until I can see a doctor?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Su S replied 7 years ago.

Since when? What is the frequency of stool & urine? Will you please explain the symptoms in more detail? Any past illness?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

This started this morning. I feel that I have to urinate every two minutes but only a dribble coes out. When nI do urinate I get a very nasty stinging feeling. as for stools they are the same frequency as normal

Expert:  Dr. Su S replied 7 years ago.
Thank you for the input.

Your symptoms suggests an infection in the urinary tract. The other probable cause may be stone lodged in the bladder or urethra. You should have an examination by doctor & an urine analysis for routine and culture sensitivity. Antibiotics will be required in case of infection. In some cases , sonography can be required too. Take plenty of fluid to flush out the urine.This will help in relieving the irritation.

Hope this information will help you.
Wish your early recovery.
Any query, please ask.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
As it is now after 5pm on a sunday evening I will not be able to se a doctor until tomorrow. Is there anything I can do to releive these symptoms until then? As well as drinking a lot of water.
Expert:  Dr. Su S replied 7 years ago.
You can try urogesic or pyridium. Read this resource for full information on it.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I was hoping for something I have in the house like bananas or something like thtat.
Expert:  Dr. Su S replied 7 years ago.
Bananas will not be helpful. Except plenty of fluid , cran berry juice can also be taken.