Internist
Internist, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Board Certified in 2 Specialties, VERIFIED,American, trained and located in United States
13024878

what does it mean when your stomach burns around your bellybutton

what does it mean when your stomach burns around your bellybutton from the inside?
Category: Health
Expert:  Internist replied 7 years ago.
hello,

It sounds like you most likely have gastritis which is an inflammation of the stomach or possibly an ulcer. I would recommend you take a bland diet can also take Prilosec OTC before breakfast and at bedtime. You should see your doctor for confirmation and ask him to also order an ultrasound to exclude gallbladder disease and a test for H. pylori, a bacteria that can cause gastritis.

I have over 20 years experience in patient care dealing with similar issues as this.
If I have answered your question, please click "ACCEPT" (GREEN) so I can get credit for my work. Please take a moment to leave a POSITIVE feedback which is helpful to me. If you are not satisfied, please ask for further clarification of your original question. This response is for your information only and does not substitute for a visit to your doctor. Thanks for your inquiry.