Dr. Shah
Dr. Shah, Doctor
Experience:  Years of experience in patients' management.

I am a 42 year old male who is severely tired all the time

I am a 42 year old male who is severely tired all the time and forgetful. I don't even feel to get up to go to work. My wbc is borderline low and I just had a positive c anca test. My mpv is borderline low also. I used to suffer from severe allergic rhinitis and was treated with steroid depot injections. I no longer suffer with the rhinitis. I also can't seem to stand the cold and suffer with constipation. If anything I am underweight. Could this be like ebv or wegeners or what?
Although there is a possibility of ebv or wegener's disease, but it requires involvement of kidney, lungs and respiratory track in wegeners disease where as ebv presents with upper respiratiry track infection, exudative pharyngitis, lymphadenopathy and pain abdomen.
It's possible to make specific diagnosis depending upon your symptoms and blood test. But my concern is , have you been tested for thyroid function recently? How long are you suffering from these symptoms?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I have basically suffered from this all my life. As a child I suffered severe constipation. Also too, my stomach always seems bloated and uncomfortable. Lately the symptoms have gotten worse. I had the last thyroid function test about a year ago when I went to the doctor for the same symptoms. Thing is if anything I am underweight and weak.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

With the thyroid test t4 was borderline high and t3 was just below the low boundary.

t3 0.78

t4 9.15

tsh 2.009

this was approximately one year ago.

could I be low thyroid but still within the normal range

I think you should get a repeat thyroid test as it was one year old. yes, it's possible to have normal thyroid hormones and have thyroid problem, but in those cases TSH levels are guide toward the diagnosis, it usually happen with sub clinical thyroid problem.

At this point my suggestion is to get thyroid function test and in the mean time just keep up with conservative measures. You can also request your doctor to have you tested for ebv and wegeners, just to exclude the causes.