Dr.Tiwari
Dr.Tiwari, Doctor.
Experience:  M.D.
8775652

My feet are always cold, knees painful especially at night,

Customer Question

My feet are always cold, knees painful especially at night, burnig sensation on palms and finger tips, feeling very cold on the right side of my body especially my entire arm up shoulder and it feels very weak. Left side of my swells on and off since 15/11/07 when I work up with a painful neck, I have seen a physiotherapist but there has been no change.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr.Tiwari replied 6 years ago.
since when it is there?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

My legs and knees started being painful in 2000 on and off. in 2006 i started feeling pains more often especially my right leg and i also started feeling cold on my feet atespecially the right one. In 2007 my right arm started being painful with some burning sensation on my palms and finger tips more often on my right hand. My right palm feels very cold such that my family members can feel the difference between both arms.My right arm is feels very weak and is always painful especially just below the shoulder. I do not feel much pain when i pain when i pintch it than with the other arm. I can to a hot object for 10 to 15 minutes with my right hand before i feel an heat. On the 15/11/07 I woke up with a painful neck such that i could not even turn it to the far left. For two weeks now I the left side of my neck has been painful and its a bit swollen and when i twist it to the left it very painful. I feel some sharp pains in my breasts on and off especially the right side one and some chest pains sometimes. I can get out off bed without sitting for at least 10 minutes because if i do that i feel very weak and my heart will be beating very fast such that i have to lie down for some minutes. At night that is when my legs, knees and arm hurt the most especially my right side. I feel tired more often and more irritable sometimes and i do run short off breath sometimes but not often. I do get headaches sometimes especially the right side.The pain in my arms is sort of sharp prick pains. I am teacher by profession and I taught for 10 years but now i am a cleaner at a cancer hospital .I have 3 children by caeserean section, the last 2 i had aan epidural and the first on normal caeserean. I hope you will be able to help me.

Thank you

Customer
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

1) 2000 legs started hurting

2) 2006 more pain in right leg and feet started feeling cold

3) 2007 my right arm painful with burnig sensation in palms and fingers

4) I feel very cold in right arm such that i can touch a hot object for some time without feeling any heat

5) My right arm feels very weak most of the times

6) On 15/11/2007 i woke up with a painful neck (left side)

7) Since then my neck is painful on and off and slightly swollen

8) Feel sharp pains in chest and breast sometimes

9) Feel weak at night sometimes

10) Occassionally get head aches

11) Legs, knees and arm mainly painful at night

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I do not understand what you me by relist, i have explained my problem to the best of my ability. I contacted you regarding my health on the basis that you wolud help me as soon as posssible as implied on your website but it looks like its taking forever!
Expert:  Dr.Tiwari replied 6 years ago.
No,No......,Its not like that you are thinking every time i want to give the right & best as much as i can to a person on this site.I have your question in last days to see all responses you have given i want to sort out your problem correctly at one time.O.K.,now come to point-
1.In your whole history i do come to know following important things-
-You are having one side involvement.
-You are having neck pain which may be most probably due to bony or soft tissue compression(most probably a spondylosis or a disc compression)
-Your symptom's are showing that there is neurological cause as evident by appearance of pricking pains ,loss of sensation,loss of discrimination of temperature,etc.As looks by your history if there is no any medical cause like high blood pressure,diabetes,etc,then most probable reason may be compression of cord o n one side by a bony or soft tissue pathology.
2.You should do following-
-Get an mri of neck to rule out the cervical pathology.
-Get a consultation from a neurophysician which will be very helpful for you.
I think it will help you.
I am avliable to you for any other questions.
Warm Regards.
Dr.Tiwari, Doctor.
Experience: M.D.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Thank you for the answer to my question and i do accept your answer. I have an appointment at an Orthotic clinic , i need to know:

- is this the right place for my problem

-what questions to ask

-what is cervical pathalogy

-should there be a neurological cause what is the treatment

Regard

Customer/p>

Expert:  Dr.Tiwari replied 5 years ago.
Hello ,
You should ask to your doctor about-
-Differential diagnosis for your problem.
-If surgical intervention required or not.
-What is the cause for your symptom's?
-Is conservative treatment can give results in your case?
-For how much time you have to take precautions.
Cervical pathology are the diseases related to the neck.
If only the neurological cause is there without any orthopedic intervention then drug may help you.
Regards.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Thank you for your help .

Warm regards

Customer/p>