Nurse Annie
Nurse Annie, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  PHD RN 40+ years in nursing all depts & units 20+ years as a midwife, certified lactation consultant

Is it ever ok for triglycerides to be over 300 I took a blood

Is it ever ok for triglycerides to be over 300? I took a blood test 45 minutes after I had eaten and everything was higher than usual. cholesterol, blood sugar, triglycerides   The triglycerides were highest at 300. Nurse said it was probably caused by food, and I must do a 12 hour fast and repeat test.

Not fasting will give an inaccurate result, so you will need to make sure you do this test fasting. A normal level fior fasting triglycerides is less than 150. Avoid foods with the most concentrated cholesterol including organ meats, egg yolks, and whole milk products. Avoid saturated fat and choose monounsaturated fat found in olive, peanut, and canola oils. Eat fish high in omega 3 fatty acids such as mackerel and salmon. You can read more here
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Yes. but are levels at NON fASTING of 300 ever ok?

There is no "normal" for nonfasting- only fasting which is what I described above. These levels constantly increase and decrease over the course of the day. Not fasting, your levels can increase as much as 10 times higher than fasting levels.