Pauline, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Medical Doctor & Registered Pharmacist. Worked as Community pharmacist for 17 years.

Penis bump with hole in the middle and brown puss

Customer Question

Penis bump - It started a few days ago and looked like a large pimple with a blackhead on the top and was sensitive with pain to the touch. Yesterday i noticed a small hole forming in the top of it about 1/5 a cm wide and slightly deeper. I had put alcohol and a band aid over it before i went to bed and this morning when i removed the band aid there is a light brown colored puss that came out last night and the hole seems deeper but i could just be extremely worried and thinking its deeper. Please if you have any idea what this could be... I will be very greatfull! Thank you!
Category: Health
Expert:  Pauline replied 7 years ago.

This may be a simple pimple/staph infection however there is a possibility that it is a STD with ulcerated lesion. This will need examination by a doctor and appropriate antibiotics. The pus may need to be swabbed and you may also need urine sample testing.

Do not have intercourse until this is treated and completely cleared up. Depending on the cause, recent sexual partners may also need to be tested and treated too.

I would suggest that you go to urgent care or ER to have this examined.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
My sister had staph infection before and this does not look like staph. I also googled images to check other peoples looks and does not look like staph.
I have not had intercourse with anyone except the person i am with now and we ALWAYS use protection.

When you say a simple pimple/staph infection do you mean a pimp infection or just a pimple?

I have had these before except there was no hole in the middle and i never noticed the puss being brown. There was puss last time but i don't think it was brown.
Expert:  Pauline replied 7 years ago.

A pimple is a small skin infection usually caused by a staph bacteria. The use of alcohol and a band aid may change the appearance of the pus. Pus is usually white cells, bacteria and the light brown may be due to blood from small damaged capillary.

Other possibility may be an infected sebaceus cyst, or very rarely, a syphilis lesion.

It needs to be examined as this is the only way to be sure of diagnosis.