Dr Singh
Dr Singh, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MD
13601825

Have really tight anal sphincter muscles , taking stool softener

Customer Question

Have really tight anal sphincter muscles , taking stool softener peri-colace now but need something else to move stool along , which laxative would be the best for a long term , MOM , Miralax or something else ..Also take Metamucil sometimes. Thanks !
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr Singh replied 8 years ago.

Greetings,

fiber supplement, such as oat bran, Konsyl or Citrucel these are natural products and will help in softening stool ,these are safe so good for regular use..

you can stool softener, like mineral oil or Docusate ie colace, surfak, it will soften the fecal matter so that it passes through your intestines more easily but these products are only for sometime and for regular use..

you can have milk of magnesia(it decrease the sign of constipation hence easy defecation..

i hope this information will help!

regards

Please click "ACCEPT" if I answered your question to your satisfaction so that I may get credit for my work.POSITIVE FEEDBACK / BONUS will be highly appriciated.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Are you saying MOM is safe for long term use , did not quite understand your answer?
Expert:  Dr Singh replied 8 years ago.

sorry i missed words,

you can stool softener, like mineral oil or Docusate ie colace, surfak, it will soften the fecal matter so that it passes through your intestines more easily but these products are only for sometime and NOT for regular use..MOM milk of magnesia is not for long term use its only for symptomatic relief...

regards

Expert:  Dr Singh replied 8 years ago.

you can stool softener, like mineral oil or Docusate ie colace, surfak, it will soften the fecal matter so that it passes through your intestines more easily but these products are only for sometime and not for regular use..MOM milk of magnesia is not for long term use its only for symptomatic relief...

regards